Tuesday 15 November 2016

Appreciation Of Others | Tag

Hello Lovely People ! 


Recently I've been thinking a lot about how much I have changed over the last few years and it struck me that, as much as I am responsible for how I grow as a person, a great deal of who I am and my happiness revolves around my wonderful friends and family who keep me smiling everyday. It is unbelievably important to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them. So today I thought I'd write a little paragraph expressing my appreciation for the person who's changed my life for the better over the last few years to show how grateful I am. Originally I thought that we could all share our own paragraphs in the comments (which you're more than welcome to do ) but then I decided to make this into a tag ! The world needs a little more positivity and gratitude is a great practice to make you and everyone around you happy.

The Rules ( They're pretty damn simple )  : 


  1. Copy And Paste the rules.
  2. Write a sentence or two about why gratitude and expressing your appreciation of others is important.
  3. Write a paragraph about one person who's changed your life for the better or that you really appreciate having around and say why you're so grateful for them.
  4. Tag as many people a you like to spread the positivity! 

The Appreciation Of Others Tag 



For me, expressing your gratitude for the people who help you out in life is so, so important because it helps them feel valued and appreciated which is the least the deserve after being so lovely to you ! 

One Person Who I am Grateful for is ...

My beautiful girlfriend Georgie. Honey, you're the glue that sticks me back together when the world pulls me to pieces and you stand by my side no matter what. No matter how unreasonable or stubborn or stupid or distraught I am; you are ALWAYS there. Thank you for listening to poetry with me and listening to me go on .. and on ... and on ... and on about accidentally vegan food I've found ( I know that's kind of annoying ) you don't have to but you do. I love you because I knew your lips tasted like candyfloss two years before I kissed you and I love you because you waited so patiently, with such compassion through everyday of those two years whilst giving me the confidence to be who I a today. There's a quote in Wuthering Heights and I think of it when I think of you, it says " Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same" ... only minus the he because you're a girl and it took me a while to be okay with that but because of you I now am. Because of you, I am brave. Because of you I smile when I'm falling asleep. Because of you, I understand what forever means and I know that love doesn't mean anything without you. 

I would like to tag : Rainbow-Rose Blossom, The Thirty Something Life, A Cozy Space, Glass Of Ice, Love From Berlin, Shoes and Glitter and The creative Palette ! And of course if any of you would like to do the tag on your blogs then feel free to or you can leave your paragraphs in the comments. 

Stay Strong <3 Stay Smiley :) 

Lots of love, Marianne xxx










18 comments:

  1. Aw, this is so lovely! Such a nice idea - you're right, we definitely could do with expressing our gratitude and thanks for our loved ones more often. It certainly sounds like your girlfriend is an amazing person to have in your life :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a tag - this is so sweet. It would be great to show her this post and see what her reaction is haha! It's super easy to take someone for granted and not give them the praise and thanks they deserve sometimes.

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is such a lovely heartwarming post. It's so great to see that you don't take people for granted :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful tag and i loved reading more about your lovely girlfriend, you are lucky to have eachother! Thanks for the tag, i will definitely be doing this. I how you are having a wonderful week gorgeous! XO - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful sweet post! You and your best friend sound perfect for each other!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post! I'm so happy for you both. It's so important to acknowledge people in your life who support you and love you for who you are :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words about your girlfriend Georgie are so sweet, you sound as though you're a beautiful match for each other :) I really like the current focus going around on gratefulness, I think there's a hashtag on Instagram right now as well for focussing on the things that make us most grateful. Thanks for tagging me, I'm grateful right now for everyone in my life :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good tag and I love all the lovely things you have to say about Georgie :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely post, Marianne! Such beautiful words about Georige :) Cheers!

    -Lor
    acozyspace.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely idea! I like to use our anniversary as a chance to specifically make my other half know how much he means to me. Georgie is one lucky lady to have you!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blogpost is just SO sweet !
    I also think it is extremely important to show our loved ones how much they mean .. Because life's too short not too. I am trying to be as grateful as possible with my family and friends my somehow life's going on too fast and I am stuck in everything I need to do and I can neglect that.
    Your post is a good reminder of that and I think I'm gonna bake something for my bf tonight, it's been a while since I last did that and I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
    You seem to be a very, very lovely person girl, do not let anyone ever make you think the opposite !
    Sending love your way !

    - Audrey M.
    www.audreymarianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a wonderful idea for a post and so sweet. I hope your girlfriend saw this post becuase everything you had to say about her is so heartwarming!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. thank you for tagging me! I do not really do tags as I have a pretty strict posting schedule, but I will try to integrate my answer into my weekend reads post! :)

      Delete
  13. Aw, this is such a lovely tag! The way you talk about your other-half is so romantic and beautiful, and you can tell that it's truly sincere and heartfelt, also! :) Sounds like the bond you have is pretty incredible. <3 I always struggle to talk about my feelings so openly, so I like to show my gratitude through actions rather than words, if that makes sense! :) Thank you for tagging me! <3 xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely idea - I think it is sometimes too easy to take the most important people around us for granted and sometimes we may even know we appreciate them but do not tell them often enough so writing a blog post about them is a fantastic way to show this. It's lovely to hear you are aware that you have someone so amazing in your life. Thank you for tagging me. I have a few people in mind who I could dedicate the tag to so I'll have to have a think :)

    Gemma xx

    http://www.thecreativepalette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an awesome tag idea. You and your girlfriend really sound like a wonderful pair, it's definitely good to have uplifting people like that in your life. At times we tend to take people for granted, and it's good to acknowledge and appreciate their unconditional love and support.

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful to see how much you appreciate the people you love and I think this definitely can bring positivity to society by doing things like this. Just lovely.😊

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww this is such a sweet and lovely post. It is so important to take the time and appreciate the important people in our life. I like this tag.
    Sounds like your girlfriend Georgie is truly amazing and supportive with you. keep cherishing each other.
    Have a wonderful weekend Marianne! :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete